Kiwi Tiki Torches
The kiwi, pineapple and strawberries all taste wonderful with the melted chocolate. It's an easy dessert or appetizer that really dresses up a meal. —Elaine Sweet, Dallas, Texas
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 medium kiwifruit, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- WHITE CHOCOLATE DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 white chocolate Toblerone candy bars (3.52 ounces each), broken into pieces
- 1/4 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 to 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- Alternately thread the pineapple, kiwi and strawberries onto 12 metal or wooden skewers; set aside. In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring cream just to a boil. Reduce heat to low; stir in Toblerone until melted. Remove from the heat; stir in nuts and extract.
- Transfer to a fondue pot and keep warm. Sprinkle with coconut. Serve with fruit kabobs.