Shirley Glaab of Hattiesburg, Mississippi needs just five ingredients to blend together this tart, refreshing frozen treat. A serving is especially pretty garnished with kiwi and orange slices.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 6 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- Sliced orange and additional kiwifruit, optional
- In a blender, combine the juices and kiwi; cover and process just until smooth. Add sugar substitute and orange zest. Pour into an ungreased 8-in. square dish. Cover and freeze for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until partially set.
- Spoon into a large bowl; beat on medium speed for 1-1/2 minutes. Return to pan; freeze for 2-3 hours or until firm. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Spoon into small bowls; garnish with orange and additional kiwi if desired.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Splenda no-calorie sweetener.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 56 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.
Originally published as Kiwi Ice in Quick Cooking March/April 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.