Shirley Glaab of Hattiesburg, Mississippi needs just five ingredients to blend together this tart, refreshing frozen treat. A serving is especially pretty garnished with kiwi and orange slices.
Recommended: Our Most Refreshing Popsicle Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 6 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Sliced orange and additional kiwifruit, optional
- In a blender, combine the first three ingredients; cover and process just until smooth. Add artificial sweetener. stir in orange peel. Pour into an ungreased 8-in. square pan. Cover and freeze for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until partially set. Spoon into a mixing bowl; beat on medium speed for 1-1/2 minutes. Return to pan; freeze for 2-3 hours or until firm. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Spoon into small bowls; garnish with orange and additional kiwi if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Kiwi Ice in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p17
Reviews forKiwi Ice
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 19, 2016
"A great recipe for kiwi lovers!- Theresa"