Kitchen-Sink Soft Tacos
My kids invented this recipe by throwing some taco spice on leftover sloppy joes. I have to admit, they are delicious. Though they're excellent after school, we also love them as a tasty yet timely weekend lunch. -Darlene King, Estevan, Saskatchewan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook rice according to package directions. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine chili and taco seasoning. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon rice and chili onto tortillas; sprinkle with cheese. Fold sides of tortilla over filling.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 347 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 941mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein.
Jun 2, 2014
How is this recipe in any way leftover sloppy joe's with taco seasoning? It has rice, and canned chili. Who uses any of those for sloppy joes??? And why is it called "kitchen sink tacos"? The name turns me off as well.