Kitchen Sink Salad
"Once or twice each week, we enjoy a main-dish salad for our evening meal," relates Ed Wolak of Moreland, Georgia. "With ham, cheese, pineapple and a variety of vegetables, this tasty 'kitchen sink' version is one of our favorites."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 10 baby carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 5 cups torn salad greens
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk sour cream and mayonnaise. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 151 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 299mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Kitchen Sink Salad in Quick Cooking January/February 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.