Kingpin Cheese Spread
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 sweet red pepper rings
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and dressing mix until combined. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- On a serving platter, form cheese spread into the shape of a bowling pin. Add pepper rings at the neck of pin for stripes, trimming to fit if necessary. Remove from the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 151 calories, 12g fat (8g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 780mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Oct 24, 2014
This recipe worked out perfect for me! The cheese spread actually is nice and thick and has a very good taste. However, I was looking for an appetizer recipe for a bowling party when I found this. I used a clip art template on-line and traced it on a piece of parchment and proceeded from there. It so easy and quick to make too. I think they will be happy with this at the bowling party. ty
Apr 2, 2012
This is really good and makes a lot. I also just made it into a ball and omitted the red pepper.
Jun 1, 2009
I brought this to book club and it was a hit! I formed it into a ball instead of the pin and omitted the red pepper rings. People were still talking about how good it was at the next book club meeting.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.