Let your slow cooker do the work when these tender turkey legs are on the menu. Enchilada sauce, chiles and cumin give these king-size drummies a zesty treatment. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 turkey drumsticks (12 ounces each), skin removed
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- In a large bowl, combine the enchilada sauce, chiles, oregano, garlic salt and cumin. Place the drumsticks in a 5-qt. slow cooker; top with sauce. Cook, covered, on low until a thermometer in turkey reads 180°, 8-10 hours.
- Remove turkey to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with turkey drumsticks.