VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 turkey drumsticks (12 ounces each), skin removed
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- In a large bowl, combine the enchilada sauce, chilies, oregano, garlic salt and cumin. Place the drumsticks in a 5-qt. slow cooker; top with sauce. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until a thermometer reads 180°.
- Remove turkey to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with turkey drumsticks. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as King-Size Drumsticks in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p57