King Crab Puffs
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min./batch
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- In a small bowl, combine the crab, onions, cheese, Worcestershire sauce and mustard; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring water, butter and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny. Stir in crab mixture.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 44 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 70mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Feb 14, 2012
This was very bland, even after adding some Old Bay and Cayanne. What a waste of time and ingredients.
Jan 17, 2010
I used good quality crab that I had frozen and it should have been good. The result was mildly fishy and too much dough and bland.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.