Kielbasa with Curried Rice
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound smoked kielbasa, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen snow peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup cooked instant rice
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes
- In a large skillet, saute the kielbasa, snow peas, green pepper, onion and curry powder in butter until vegetables are tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients; heat through.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 426 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 1877mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 5g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 28, 2011
Giving 5 stars, even though I changed this recipe a whole lot. Didn't have cream of chicken, used golden mushroom. No, canned tomatos or onion. Used dried onion and brown instant rice. Instead of water, used non-fat milk. I imagine if I hadn't butchered the recipe it would have been great....but so was mine :)
Apr 14, 2011
We will have less tomatoes and more curry.
Mar 5, 2009
My daughter (age 10) helped me make this recipe. It was a big hit with my entire family! We will definitely make this one again.