- 3/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, thickly sliced
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 medium green peppers, quartered
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 2 medium red onions, quartered
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Remove 1/2 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Divide remaining marinade between two large resealable plastic bags. Add chicken to one bag; add the kielbasa, pineapple and vegetables to the other bag. Seal bags and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- On 16 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the chicken, kielbasa, pineapple and vegetables.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning frequently and basting with reserved marinade. Yield: 16 kabobs.
Reviews forKielbasa Chicken Kabobs
"This is such a good grill recipe! The marinade is so flavorful and the chicken and sausage are a great combo! I added a few zucchini pieces to the kabobs as well and served them over rice."
"Delicious - sausage was especially good. I had marinated overnight because of a time issue. Onions and pineapple were a bit soggy when skewering but tasted very good after cooking."
"This was very good. i did make a few changes.. I didnt have lemon pepper seasoning so used lemon zest, and used brown sugar instead of regular sugar. I also added grilling spice to the marinade. Helped kick the chicken up a bit. Thanks for sharing!"
"Delicious exactly as written!! I do marinate overnight for a stronger flavor! I thicken the veggie marinate and serve over rice, with eggrolls"
"This was excellent!"
"We made this last night for dinner and can't wait to have it again. As my husband likes to tell me,"It's a keeper" Delicious!"
"We gobbled this up in minutes. Delicious. Like another reviewer, I thickened the sauce to serve over rice. Next time I'll try adding zucchini chunks, as someone suggested."
"These were very good! I thickened the marinade after I took the veggies out of the bag and served it over the rice. Very good."