"My family really enjoys these flavorful sandwiches," remarks Robin Touhey of San Angelo, Texas.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Polish Kielbasa Sausage Rope, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 slices process American cheese, halved
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- Sesame seeds
- In a large skillet, cook sausage for 5-8 minutes; drain. Add the onion, green pepper and butter; cook until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in barbecue sauce; heat through.
- Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into eight rectangles; seal perforations. Place a cheese slice on half of each rectangle; top with 2 tablespoons sausage mixture.
- Fold dough over filling and pinch edges to seal; fold seam under. Beat egg white and water; brush over dough. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place bundles seam side down on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 259 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 761mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Kielbasa Bundles in Taste of Home June/July 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.