Kielbasa Biscuit Pizza
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 2-1/2 cups garden-style spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Polish Kielbasa Sausage Rope, cubed
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Separate biscuits; cut each biscuit into fourths. Arrange in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish (do not flatten). Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until biscuits begin to brown.
- Spread spaghetti sauce over biscuit crust. Sprinkle with the sausage, mushrooms, peppers and cheeses. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 345 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 1230mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein.
Jul 22, 2016
This was a really yummy way to use leftover polish sausage. I also threw in some leftover pepperoni. I omitted the mushrooms due to preference, and they weren't missed. Don't skip the peppers, they add a great crunch to the pizza. I did cut this recipe in half, used an 8x8 dish and it worked fine. I also used Grands biscuits (which are larger than the regular ones), so I did smoosh them down just a tad before putting them on the bottom. I also only used 6 of the 8 biscuits in the can (can was 16 ounces, I only needed 12 for the recipe). I also initially baked the biscuits at 350, then increased it to about 365 for the second portion. Overall a good recipe. I would want to try it with regular biscuits next time, because I found that it was just a tad too bread-y. I'll be making this again.
Oct 9, 2011
This was really good. I used Prego Garden Style sauce.
May 3, 2011
I MADE THIS FOR DINNER TONIGHT. IT WAS ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS. IT WENT TOGETHER REALLY QUICK. I GOT HOME LATE FROM HELPING WITH GOLDEN AGE AND WASN'T SURE IF IT WOULD GET DONE IN TIME BUT IT DID. IT DIDN'T HAVE ANY ONIONS IN IT BUT I DID ADD SOME. I PUT ONIONS IN ALMOST EVERYTHING. I WOULD THINK IF YOU LIKE PIZZA AT ALL YOU WOULD REALLY LIKE THIS. I ALSO USED TURKEY KIELBASA SO THAT WOULD CUT THE FAT IN THIS RECIPE. DONALEE2
May 3, 2011
I MADE THIS FOR DINNER TONIGHT. IT WAS ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS. IT WENT TOGETHER REALLY QUICK. I GOT HOME LATE FROM HELPING WITH GOLDEN AGE AND WASN'T SURE IF IT WOULD GET DONE IN TIME BUT IT DID. IT DIDN'T HAVE ANY ONIONS IN IT BUT I DID ADD SOME. I PUT ONIONS IN ALMOST EVERYTHING. I WOULD THINK IF YOU LIKE PIZZA AT ALL YOU WOULD REALLY LIKE THIS. DONALEE2
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.