Kielbasa Apple Kabobs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Polish Kielbasa Sausage Rope, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium tart apples, cut into wedges
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in cranberry juice, vinegar and soy sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread sausage, apples and peppers. Grill, uncovered, over indirect heat for 8 minutes or until heated through, turning and brushing with glaze occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 168 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 455mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 meat.
Aug 10, 2011
We've made this twice. Very delicious, very easy... great for entertaining, and it won't heat up your house on a hot summer night. Our 4 yr old eats everything on the skewer--we tell her it's candy hot dog pieces. You MUST make this dish!
Mar 15, 2011
Fast and easy!
Aug 2, 2008
Love this dish!!! The grilled apples are great!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.