Kielbasa Apple Kabobs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium tart apples, cut into wedges
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in cranberry juice, vinegar and soy sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread sausage, apples and peppers. Grill, uncovered, over indirect heat for 8 minutes or until heated through, turning and brushing with glaze occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 168 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 455mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 meat.
Aug 10, 2011
We've made this twice. Very delicious, very easy... great for entertaining, and it won't heat up your house on a hot summer night. Our 4 yr old eats everything on the skewer--we tell her it's candy hot dog pieces. You MUST make this dish!
Mar 15, 2011
Fast and easy!
Aug 2, 2008
Love this dish!!! The grilled apples are great!