Kielbasa and Bow Ties
This, like many of my recipes, was the result of a good refrigerator cleaning. The ingredients mix up into a quick, satisfying meal for one. —Shirley Kacmarik, Glasgow, Scotland
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 bacon strip, diced
- 2 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 6 spinach leaves
- 6 slices smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage (1/2 inch thick)
- 3 grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 pitted ripe olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. In the drippings, cook mushrooms for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Stir in spinach and kielbasa; heat through.
- Remove from the heat. Drain pasta; add to kielbasa mixture. Stir in the tomatoes, olives, mayonnaise, sour cream and bacon.
Jan 23, 2013
Amazing taste and pretty quickly prepared. Loved the combo!!!
Sep 5, 2011
This was very good. The only difference I made was to use smoked turkey sausage and regular tomatoes. Next time I will add in something to up the sauce.