Kid-Pleasing Spaghetti Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in spaghetti; set aside. In a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour and salt until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in 3/4 cup cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese until melted. Place half of the spaghetti mixture in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with cheese sauce and the remaining spaghetti mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
Try this quick dessert idea. Sprinkle warmed pear halves with cinnamon. Top with whipped cream, caramel ice cream topping and chopped walnuts.
1 each: 374 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 667mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
Reviews for Kid-Pleasing Spaghetti
"This is a wonderful recipe!! A bit different than the usual spaghetti, but even better. We had this tonight, and everyone loved it! I'll be making this again, probably many times :-)"