Kickin’ Hawaiian Pizza
Isn't it about time for a fun new twist on your usual pizza? Pineapple adds pizzazz and honey lends a touch of sweetness to the sauce in this wonderful Hawaiian pizza recipe. Give it a try today! —John Weakland, Springfield, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 4 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup roasted sweet red peppers
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons dried minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tubes (13.8 ounces each) refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded Romano cheese, divided
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- For sauce, place the first 10 ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a small saucepan; heat through.
- Meanwhile, press pizza dough into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; build up edges slightly and seal seam. Bake at 425° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Spread 1-3/4 cups sauce over crust (refrigerate remaining sauce for another use). Sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella and 1/2 cup Romano; top with pepperoni, pineapple and remaining cheeses.
- Bake for 14-18 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.