Kickin’ Chocolate Sauce
Drizzled on ice cream or fresh fruit, here's a chocolate sauce that delivers a subtle kick. Deliciously different and always in demand, it's a recipe you'll prepare often. —Richard Maskiell, Athens, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coconut rum
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ancho chili pepper
- Ice cream or assorted fruit
- In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in the rum, cream, cinnamon and chili powder.
- Serve with ice cream or fruit. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 185 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 23mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Kickin' Chocolate Sauce in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.