Kick Butt Meat Rub
From the kitchen of field editor Holly Balzer-Harz of Malone, New York: My kids gave me a smoker for my birthday last year, so I'm always looking for new rub combos. I took one that I made up shortly after getting the smoker, and added in the Spicy Chocolate Cinnamon Cane Sugar for a change of pace and a little kick.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 heaping tablespoon Gustus Vitae spicy chocolate cinnamon cane sugar
- Meat of choice
- Mix all ingredients. Rub over the surface of your favorite meat. You can do this ahead for a dry marinade, or just before smoking or roasting.