When I saw a recipe for banana cream pie trifle I was inspired to invent a version than spun off my favorite pie, key lime. My family loved it! Some friends even got to try it and they enjoyed immensely as well. —Rebecah Lytle, Ocala, Florida
Recommended: 48 No-Bake, No-Stress Potluck Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 cups Key lime juice
- WHIPPED CREAM:
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Preheat oven to 400°. Mix cracker crumbs, pecans and brown sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom of a 15x10-in. pan. Bake 10-12 minutes. Stir to break up crumbs; cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in another bowl, beat cream cheese and condensed milk until blended. Stir in lime juice. In another bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- In a 4-qt. glass bowl, layer half of each of the following: crumb mixture, filling and whipped cream. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with pecans and coconut. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours or overnight. Yield: 16 servings (1 cup each).
Originally published as Key Lime Trifle in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2017, p203