Key Lime Cupcakes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons grated Key lime zest
- 2 teaspoons Key lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line 16 muffin cups with paper or foil liners.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk cracker crumbs, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- 3. Fill prepared cups two-thirds full. Bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and lime zest until blended. Beat in lime juice and vanilla. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Pipe or spread onto cupcakes. Refrigerate until serving.
1 cupcake: 378 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jun 11, 2018
The family loved these! Not quiet key lime pie, of course, but just as good. I used regular limes instead of the key limes.