- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons Key lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated Key lime peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup Key lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated Key lime peel
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in lime juice and peel. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in nuts.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine icing ingredients. Dip cookies in icing; allow excess to drip off. Place on a wire rack; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forKey Lime Bites
"These cookies are always a hit but I bake them at 375 for 10 mins so they don't brown on the bottom as fast."
"Are these suppose to have a soft center or be crunchy little bites. Baked for the stated time and they didn't seem done unless that's the way they are suppose to be -moist centers. ?"
"These little cookies are small little bites of a thousand hugs! TO GOOD. A must ."
"My husband loved these and is on a diet and told me I cannot make them again until he is off because he couldn't resist them! I found them to be sticky, but that is because I don't have a wire rack to drain them on. Would most definitely make again."