Kentucky Pecan Pie
This rich, dense pie is served at Kentucky derby parties everywhere on derby day. It features a delicious dark chocolate filling topped with plenty of toasted pecans. —Emily Baldwin Fort Collins, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, vanilla and salt. Stir in pecans, chocolate chips and butter. Pour into pastry shell. Cover edges with foil.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Remove foil; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 552 calories, 29g fat (10g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 253mg sodium, 75g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Kentucky Derby Pecan Pie in Taste of Home April/May 2007
Oct 13, 2009
This is a great pecan pie, my whole family loves it. I did add a couple ingredients to make it more firm so it doesn't run after being cut. I added a 1/4 cup of melted butter and 2 Tbsp. of flour.