Kentucky Pecan Pie
This rich, dense pie is served at Kentucky derby parties everywhere on derby day. It features a delicious dark chocolate filling topped with plenty of toasted pecans. —Emily Baldwin Fort Collins, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, vanilla and salt. Stir in pecans, chocolate chips and butter. Pour into pastry shell. Cover edges with foil.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Remove foil; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 552 calories, 29g fat (10g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 253mg sodium, 75g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Oct 13, 2009
This is a great pecan pie, my whole family loves it. I did add a couple ingredients to make it more firm so it doesn't run after being cut. I added a 1/4 cup of melted butter and 2 Tbsp. of flour.