- 6 medium ripe peaches, peeled and sliced (about 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Vanilla ice cream
- Arrange peaches in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. In a mixing bowl, combine butter and 1/2 cup sugar. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Pour over peaches; sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Pour cold water over the top. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forKentucky Peach Cobbler
"Amazing! Yum, yum, yum!"
"The flavor is good but I added a sprinkle of cinnamon. I think it would be too bland without it. It also baked up mushy underneath the crust. I would make it without adding the water."
"Loved it! I mixed a little cinnamon with some sugar and sprinkled it over the peaches before I added the batter. Delicious! Will definitely make it again."
"This is delicious. I doubled the biscuit like topping, cut down on the sugar to be added to the top, and sprinkled it with cinnamon. Canned peaches work too."