- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3/4 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 slices bread, toasted
- 4 thin slices deli turkey
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 to 6 slices tomato
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually stir in milk and bouillon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Place toast in a baking pan. Top each with 2 slices of turkey; spoon reserved white sauce over turkey. Top each with one cheese slice and 2-3 tomato slices. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forKentucky Hot Brown Sandwiches
"This recipe is a nice starter. Personally I think that Ham is a very important part of The Hot Brown. The photo does not look like the bread is toasted. The sauce is light and very nice. I did add ham. Instead of using fresh sliced tomatoes I use 2 fried tomatoes per sandwich. I also added some sauce on the toasted bread first, then layered with another layer of sauce in-between the ham and cheese. The remaining sauce I added after the sandwich baked and I also added the bacon at this time.Because of the tweaks and changes I felt that a 3 star is a fair assessment.Janie"