Kelsey's Favorite Cranberry Bread Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; cut in butter until crumbly. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, orange juice and peel. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and raisins. Transfer to a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan.
- 2. Combine brown sugar and flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. For glaze, combine confectioners' sugar and orange juice until smooth. Drizzle over bread. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
1 slice: 260 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 349mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Kelsey's Favorite Cranberry Bread
"I used raspberries instead of cranberries. Since they were very sour, I macerated them in a little sugar for a little while. Next time I will do it with dried cranberries or the ones that some for salads with almonds in it."
"Absolutley love this recipe. Also great because you do not need a mixer to make."
"The bread baked beautifully but was way too tart for my liking. Unfortunately no one would eat it. I thought it would be promising but it was not what I had expected it to be."
"I made this today, and it was way too tart for any of us to eat. No offense to the one who posted this, but I won't be making this again."
"used up all my leftover cranberrys after Thanksgiving"
"used up my cranberry chutney after Thanksgiving"
"Kind of disappointing. I thought with all of the positive reviews that this would be delicious, but it wasn't. the streusel topping didn't match the cranberry-orange flavor and the whole thing wasn't very good. Will not be making this again."
"I first made this for my husband to take to a study group. I didn't have any fresh cranberries so I used dried, and it still turned out delicious. My only wish is that I saved an extra couple of slices before he left because when he came home the plate was bread and crumb free. :) He said it was gone within ten minutes, and they requested that he bring more to the next study group session!"
"Amazingly moist and flavorful. Everyone who has eaten it wants the recipe.I used fresh squeezed orange juice with lots of pulp. I'm glad I froze lots of fresh cranberries so that I can make this bread year round!"
"This bread is so moist and flavorful. I omit the raisins due to personal preference, but otherwise our family loves it!"
"This was an excellent recipe. My husband loved it and he usually doesn't like cranberries."
"I LOVE this recipe and have made it often as it always gets rave reviews. I've also made it with apple juice instead of orange juice and omitted the orange peel since my daughter has citrus allergies but I personally think it's best with the orange flavoring and the delicious glaze on top!"
"This was loved by all!"
"I made it and took it to work. Everyone loved it."