One of the inn's most popular dessert choices is this easy-to-make pie full of old-fashioned flavor. The recipe was perfected by Mast Farm Inn's capable baker, Kathy Ragan.
Recommended: 30 Recipes to Make with Fresh Raspberries
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup lightly toasted slivered almonds
- Combine crust ingredients and mix well. Press firmly onto bottom and sides of 9-in. pan. Chill 30 minutes. For filling, combine cream cheese, eggs, brown sugar, buttermilk and vanilla in food processor. Process about 3 minutes or until smooth and free of lumps. Pour into crust, top with toasted almonds. Bake at 350° for about 30 minutes until lightly browned. Cool, then cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours. Serve chilled. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Kathy's Brown Sugar Cheese Pie in Country April/May 1991, p15
Reviews forKathy's Brown Sugar Cheese Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 16, 2011
"It's so lacking I don't know what to say. I'll never make this again."