Kale Romaine Salad
Kale can be both good for you and tasty! This hearty salad packs a flavor punch thanks to dried cranberries, feta and bacon. It makes a fine side dish or a light meal on its own. I enjoy it with poppy seed dressing. —Sharon Rehm, New Blaine, Arkansas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 4 cups torn fresh kale
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Salad dressing of your choice
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Serve with dressing.
Originally published as Mixed green salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2016
Jun 28, 2018
We made this for a function at work. Everyone loved it. It pairs nicely with garlic lemon chicken. One of the attendees even said she traditionally dislikes kale but loved it in the salad. We omitted the bacon to make it vegetarian.