With a rich, butter crust and chewy nut filling, these bars are just as good as real pecan pie! Cut them in pretty triangle or diamond shapes.—Judie Heiderscheit, Holy Cross, Iowa
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 cups chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan with foil; coat the foil with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, honey and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the pecans, cream and vanilla. Pour over crust. Bake 30 minutes longer or until filling is bubbly.
- Cool on a wire rack. Use foil to lift bars out of pan. Place on a cutting board; carefully remove foil. Cut into 32 bars; cut each in half diagonally.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 157 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Pecan Candy Bars in Country Woman Christmas 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.