With a rich, butter crust and chewy nut filling, these bars are just as good as real pecan pie! Cut them in pretty triangle or diamond shapes.—Judie Heiderscheit, Holy Cross, Iowa
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 cups chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan with foil; coat the foil with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, honey and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the pecans, cream and vanilla. Pour over crust. Bake 30 minutes longer or until filling is bubbly.
- Cool on a wire rack. Use foil to lift bars out of pan. Place on a cutting board; carefully remove foil. Cut into 32 bars; cut each in half diagonally.