Just Like Fresh Corn
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 1 pound butter
- 20 cups fresh-cut sweet corn kernels (about 24 large ears)
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- In a roasting pan. melt butter in a 325° oven. Stir in corn and cream. Bake, uncovered, for 75 minutes or until the corn is tender, stirring occasionally. Immediately place the roaster in ice water to cool quickly, stirring frequently.
- Transfer corn to heavy-duty plastic freezer bags; freeze. May be frozen for up to 1 month.
- To use frozen corn: Reheat in a microwave or on the stove.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 354 calories, 22g fat (13g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 216mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Aug 19, 2017
Just made this tonight. I made half a recipe and needed 14 ears of corn to get the 10 cups of corn and baked the corn for 60 minutes. There is still some crispness to some of the kernels which we like, baking it for that amount of time. I will edit this review after I freeze and then later eat this . So far the samples I ate while it cooled were delicious.
Apr 24, 2012
I love this recipe. I have successfully halved the recipe, substituted evaporated milk for the half and half, and kept it frozen longer than 1 month. It is quite delicious.
Apr 24, 2012
I love this recipe. I have successfully halved therecipe, substituted evaporated milk for the half and half, and kept it frozen longer than 1 month. It is quite delicious.
Jul 17, 2011
Best EVER~ I make this so we have it for the hollidays. It makes winter bareable, it's that good!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.