- 1 pound butter
- 20 cups fresh-cut sweet corn kernels (about 24 large ears)
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- In a roasting pan. melt butter in a 325° oven. Stir in corn and cream. Bake, uncovered, for 75 minutes or until the corn is tender, stirring occasionally. Immediately place the roaster in ice water to cool quickly, stirring frequently.
- Transfer corn to heavy-duty plastic freezer bags; freeze. May be frozen for up to 1 month.
- To use frozen corn: Reheat in a microwave or on the stove. Yield: 16 cups.
Reviews forJust Like Fresh Corn
"Just made this tonight. I made half a recipe and needed 14 ears of corn to get the 10 cups of corn and baked the corn for 60 minutes. There is still some crispness to some of the kernels which we like, baking it for that amount of time. I will edit this review after I freeze and then later eat this . So far the samples I ate while it cooled were delicious."
"I love this recipe. I have successfully halved the recipe, substituted evaporated milk for the half and half, and kept it frozen longer than 1 month. It is quite delicious."
"I love this recipe. I have successfully halved therecipe, substituted evaporated milk for the half and half, and kept it frozen longer than 1 month. It is quite delicious."
"Best EVER~ I make this so we have it for the hollidays. It makes winter bareable, it's that good!"