Jumbo Raisin Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 70 min.
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups raisins
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup shortening
- 4 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a saucepan, combine the water and raisins. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature (do not drain).
- In a large bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and raisins with any liquid.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 179 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 236mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 1, 2015
These cookies were delicious! I only made 1/2 recipe to try and I'm glad due to the amount of dough. This amount was at the top of my Kitchen-aid paddle! Only changes I made were to reduce the amount of nutmeg and to omit the allspice since I did't have any. I will definitely make these again!
Dec 15, 2012
Oh I love these cookies .I added some walnuts instead of the full 2 cups of simisweet chocolate , I add 1 cup of chopped walnuts and 1 cup of chocolate .