Jumbo Onion Cheese Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, pepper and nutmeg. in another bowl, combine the milk, butter and egg; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the onions and cheeses. Fill greased jumbo muffin cups two-thirds full.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 6 muffins.
Editor's Note: Muffins may be baked in regular-size muffin cups for 16-18 minutes; recipe makes 1 dozen.
1 each: 310 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 463mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.