- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-2/3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 5 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the coconut and chips. Shape 3 tablespoonfuls of dough into a ball; repeat with remaining dough.
- Place balls 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- If desired, in a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip one end of cooled cookies in candy coating. Allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews forJumbo Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
"These cookies are amazing. My friends frequently request that i make them. I do not dip them is white chocolate since they are so good without it. i also omit the 1/2 cup of milk chocolate chips and add pecans. If I don't plan to share the cookies, I use a cookie dough scoop to shape the remaining dough into balls and freeze the dough for another time."
"Delicious! Everyone ate them up in no time flat."
"Great texture and these cookies freeze well!"
"Oh my gosh. This has to be the best cookie I have ever eaten and I do love cookies. There is a famous bakery here in New York called Levain Bakery. This cookie ranks right up there with theirs. It is Huge, chewy, buttery, and if you like coconut, which I do, you will not find a better cookie EVER!!!!!!Still soft and chewy if there are any left two days later."
"this are so good. I just cant tell you. thanks so much for sharing.. love love love these.."
"It was recommended to me to add, 2 cups of Semi Sweet Choc Chips, 1 cup of Oatmeal and 1 tsp. of Cinnamon. Then for dipping, use Baker's White chocolate and add 1 Tbsp of Crisco to help make it harden. They turned out wonderful."
"This is my families favorite cookies. Instead of dipping I add white chips in the cookies, I also add toffee chips. My family like them thicker so I add 1/2 cup extra flour."
"these cookies are by far the best i have ever had, let alone made!!"
"These really are the best cookies! They are so chewy very easy to make."