Jumbo Cinnamon Rolls
"I especially like recipes that make just enough for the two of us, and these yummy sweet rolls fit the bill," writes Edna Hoffman of Hebron, Indiana. "Because these treats begin with a ready-made dough, they couldn't be easier or more convenient to whip up."
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.
- 4 frozen Texas-size dinner rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- HONEY BUTTER:
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Let rolls rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. Punch down. Roll each into a 12-in. rope; brush with butter. In a shallow bowl, combine the pecans, sugar and cinnamon; roll ropes in nut mixture.
- Twist two ropes together; pinch ends to seal. Place in a greased 10-oz. custard cup. Repeat with remaining ropes. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes or until doubled.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, combine the honey butter ingredients. Serve with rolls.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 676 calories, 38g fat (15g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 592mg sodium, 77g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Jumbo Cinnamon Rolls in Country Woman September/October 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.