Jumbo Cinnamon Rolls
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.
- 4 frozen Texas-size dinner rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- HONEY BUTTER:
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Let rolls rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. Punch down. Roll each into a 12-in. rope; brush with butter. In a shallow bowl, combine the pecans, sugar and cinnamon; roll ropes in nut mixture.
- Twist two ropes together; pinch ends to seal. Place in a greased 10-oz. custard cup. Repeat with remaining ropes. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes or until doubled.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, combine the honey butter ingredients. Serve with rolls.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 676 calories, 38g fat (15g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 592mg sodium, 77g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
May 17, 2019
I prepared these delicious rolls today. I did have problems with the dough rising but persevered and in the end they turned out beautifully. I took 4 rolls and put in the fridge last night to thaw. I had to use the oven on very low to get them to rise. Even though I could not roll into a 12-inch strip but a little shorter, I still followed the recipe. Be sure to coat both sides with butter and roll in cinnamon mixture. When I baked them, they rose and were beautiful as well as delicious. I used Rhodes Texas size rolls which were the only ones I could find. Volunteer Field Editor