Jumbo Chocolate Chip Squares
My husband and two boys love chocolate chip cookies, but these can take the place of their favorite cookie anytime! Two hints: Don't overbake them, and do use the chocolate chunks or jumbo chips that are available these days—they really make the difference.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 2/3 cup butter, cubed
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups chocolate chunks or jumbo chocolate chips
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Remove from the heat and stir in sugar and vanilla; cool. Transfer to a bowl; add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Sift together flour and baking powder; stir into bowl. Add pecans and chocolate. Spread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.