Jumbo Chocolate Chip Squares
My husband and two boys love chocolate chip cookies, but these can take the place of their favorite cookie anytime! Two hints: Don't overbake them, and do use the chocolate chunks or jumbo chips that are available these days—they really make the difference.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 2/3 cup butter, cubed
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups chocolate chunks or jumbo chocolate chips
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Remove from the heat and stir in sugar and vanilla; cool. Transfer to a bowl; add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Sift together flour and baking powder; stir into bowl. Add pecans and chocolate. Spread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 145 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 55mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Congo Squares in Sweet and Scrumptious Chocolate
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.