Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 quart tomato juice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 80-90 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 222 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 813mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.
Apr 16, 2014
Very good and easy to make. My 2yr old grandson who's a picky eater ATE this having 2 children's bowls full. Also my 1 yr old granddaughter who wrinkles her nose to rice ate 2 bowls.
Dec 5, 2011
Great Flavors & Very Easy to Make!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.