Julienned Summer Vegetable Medley
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, julienned
- 2 medium zucchini, julienned
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute carrots and onion in oil for 2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients; saute 5-7 minutes longer or until crisp-tender.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 55 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 226mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable.
Jul 17, 2009
I added half of a chopped red and green pepper for color and they really liked it. Dorothy Redd
Oct 10, 2008
Absolutely stunning and delicious side dish. I was searching for ways to use the bounty of vegetables I had on hand, and this is perfect. It really lets the flavor of the vegetables shine.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.