My husband enjoys these grilled turkey burgers with their herb flavor and garden-fresh garnish. They make an ideal summer sandwich or in-hand meal for when we're on the run. —Trina Hopsecger, Elkhart, Indiana
- 1 medium apple, peeled and finely shredded
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 tomato slices
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into six 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat using a grill pan.
- Place burgers over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Juicy Turkey Burgers in Light & Tasty June/July 2001, p11
Reviews for Juicy Turkey Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review