Juicy Bat Wings
These wings are guaranteed to have your guests licking their fingers clean! If desired, you can replace the seasonings listed in the recipe with 1/4 cup purchased blackened seasoning. —Corey Russo, Orono, Minnesota
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 1 dozen
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 2-1/2 to 3 pounds chicken wings
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon each salt, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken wings, a few at a time, for 3-4 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Drain on paper towels; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is syrupy and reduced by about half, keeping face away from mixture as odor is very strong. Place chicken wings in a large bowl; drizzle with syrup and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 193 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 183mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Juicy Bat Wings in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.