Jones Sausage Wonton Stars
These fancy-looking appetizers are ideal when entertaining large groups. The cute crunchy cups are stuffed with a cheesy pork sausage filling that kids of all ages enjoy. We keep a few in the freezer so we can easily reheat them for late-night snacking.—Mary Thomas, North Lewisburg, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1 package (12 ounces) wonton wrappers
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll Roll
- 2 cups shredded Colby cheese
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 bunches green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- Lightly press wonton wrappers onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until edges are browned.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the cheese, peppers, onions and salad dressing. Spoon a rounded tablespoonful into each wonton cup. Bake for 6-7 minutes or until heated through.
Originally published as Sausage Wonton Stars in Fall 2016 Cooking School Magazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.