Jolly Santas Recipe
- 1 cup refrigerated Holiday Cookie Dough (recipe on this page)
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/4 cups vanilla frosting, divided
- Red paste food coloring
- 30 miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 15 red-hot candies
- 1. On a lightly floured surface, roll out cookie dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut out 15 ovals, using a 3-in. egg-shaped cookie cutter dipped in flour. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 2. Sprinkle cookies with confectioners' sugar. In a small bowl, tint 3/4 cup frosting with food coloring; frost top third of each cookie.
- 3. Using a star tip and remaining vanilla frosting, pipe a pom-pom, fur hat brim, eyebrows, eyes, mustache and mouth on each cookie. Press two chocolate chips and a red-hot candy into frosting for pupils and mouth. Yield: 15 cookies.
Reviews for Jolly Santas
"Can't wait to share these with my Wilton students as a great use of an oval cookie cutter."
"These cookies were so fun to make! I am not a talented decorator, but they turned out so cute. My three-year-old loved putting on the candy eyes and nose. Yummy too!"
"I absolutely love this recipe and these cookies!!!!!! They were the best for my daughters school bake sale and they are absolutely ADORABLE. I completely recommend these santa cookies for anyone who has kids or anyone who just enjoys the holidays.Thank You again!!Brooke"