Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 cup refrigerated Holiday Cookie Dough
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/4 cups vanilla frosting, divided
- Red paste food coloring
- 30 miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 15 red-hot candies
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out cookie dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut out 15 ovals, using a 3-in. egg-shaped cookie cutter dipped in flour. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Sprinkle cookies with confectioners' sugar. In a small bowl, tint 3/4 cup frosting with food coloring; frost top third of each cookie.
- Using a star tip and remaining vanilla frosting, pipe a pom-pom, fur hat brim, eyebrows, eyes, mustache and mouth on each cookie. Press two chocolate chips and a red-hot candy into frosting for pupils and mouth.