Johnsonville® Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Cook: 16 min
- 1 package (16 ounces) Johnsonville® Ground Italian Sausage
- 48 large fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, cook and crumble sausage over medium heat until no longer pink and lightly browned; drain.
- Remove and discard stems from mushrooms. Arrange mushroom caps on foil-lined baking sheets.
- In a bowl, combine cooked sausage, bread crumbs, cream cheese, garlic, parsley and lemon juice. Stir until blended.
- Carefully spoon sausage mixture into mushroom caps. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400°F for 14-16 minutes of until mushrooms are tender and lightly browned. Serve hot.
Dec 9, 2016
This is definitely the go-to appetizer.I used Panko, half the garlic and added diced red onion and I also used the stems. In the bottom of the cap I sprinkled some parm, added a nice round spoonful of mix and sprayed w/butter and added more cheese. I had mix left over, so I added some cilantro to the mix and filled halves of jalapenos and then wrapped in Bacon. Same mix but 2 flavors! PS I probably should mention I used plain sausage for both.
Dec 8, 2016
We make two batches, One for Christmas Eve with Johnsonville Ground Italian,and the 7 Fishes we were brought up with. Then on Christmas Day we have friends that come over and we serve the Bob Evans Mushroom appetizer with chicken and pasta and wine!!
Dec 8, 2016
Have been making these for decades. Great party appetizer. Usingers or even Jimmy Deans is even a more favorable choice.
Nov 23, 2016
East to make and tastes wonderful!
Jun 18, 2016
These were delicious. I did not discard the mushroom stems though. I chopped them finely and cooked them with the sausage. I wouldn't have had enough filling to fill all the mushrooms enough otherwise. I also used mascarpone cheese instead of cream cheese as that is what I had on hand.
Feb 28, 2015
Everyone loved these at my party even kids!
Sep 7, 2012
I've made this several times and love it!my guests always liked it to :) However I omitted the cream cheese and used shredded cheese instead.
Sep 7, 2012
I've made this several times and love it!my guests always liked it to :)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.