Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Cheese Balls
An orange, crusty ball drenched in an orange mystery powder does not make a cheese ball! Convert the masses with this delicious dish from Johnsonville®. These savory cheese balls have all the right ingredients: spinach, Cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, Italian herbs and Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage. Use your favorite biscuit mix to bind all the ingredients together and you've got a fresh, delicious, homemade alternative to the orange stuff.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1 package (19 ounces) Johnsonville® Fresh Italian Mild Sausage Links, casings removed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup baking mix
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Marinara sauce, heated
- In a bowl, combine sausage, spinach, baking mix, cheeses, milk and seasonings. Mix well.
- Shape into 1-inch balls and place on a lightly greased shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve with heated marinara sauce.
Originally published as Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage Cheese Balls in Johnsonville Sausage 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.