Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Cheese Balls
An orange, crusty ball drenched in an orange mystery powder does not make a cheese ball! Convert the masses with this delicious dish from Johnsonville®. These savory cheese balls have all the right ingredients: spinach, Cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, Italian herbs and Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage. Use your favorite biscuit mix to bind all the ingredients together and you've got a fresh, delicious, homemade alternative to the orange stuff.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1 package (19 ounces) Johnsonville® Fresh Italian Mild Sausage Links, casings removed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup baking mix
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Marinara sauce, heated
- In a bowl, combine sausage, spinach, baking mix, cheeses, milk and seasonings. Mix well.
- Shape into 1-inch balls and place on a lightly greased shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve with heated marinara sauce.