Johnsonville® Flame Grilled Southwestern Chicken Soup
Hearty and mouthwatering, this soup is great as a side or a meal! Your choice of either Johnsonville Flame Grilled Southwestern Seasoned or Black Pepper and Sea Salt chicken breasts will bring the fiesta to your next meal.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 1 package (9 ounces) Johnsonville® Flame Grilled Southwestern Seasoned or Black Pepper and Sea Salt Chicken Breasts, diced
- 2 packages (14 ounces each) frozen Southwest Blend vegetable mix (corn, black beans, poblano peppers, red peppers & onions)
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 envelope (1-1/4 ounces) taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Wonton strips, optional
- Sour cream, optional
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a saucepan, combine the chicken, Southwest blend vegetable mix, chicken broth, tomato sauce, tomatoes, taco seasoning and cilantro.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with wonton strips, cheese and sour cream, if desired.
Originally published as Johnsonville Flame Grilled Southwestern Chicken Soup in Johnsonville Sausage 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.