Johnsonville® Flame Grilled Lemon Chicken Pasta
Bowtie pasta gets fancy with this dish from Johnsonville®! The pasta is accompanied with red peppers, garlic, peas or asparagus, and Johnsonville® Flame Grilled Chicken.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 package (9 ounces) Johnsonville® Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper or Garlic and Herb chicken breasts, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups frozen peas or 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked bowtie pasta (about 4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano or thyme, chopped
- In a large skillet, saute the pepper and peas or asparagus in olive oil and butter for 6 minutes or until crisp tender; add garlic and saute an additional minute.
- Add cream cheese, chicken broth, lemon zest and salt.
- Cook until smooth; add the chicken and pasta.
- Cook until heated through.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese and herbs.
Originally published as Johnsonville Flame Grilled Lemon Chicken Pasta in Johnsonville Sausage 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.