When I got married, my mother-in-law gave me her recipe for pineapple muffins so I could make them for my husband, John. They’re his favorites—and now they’re mine, too!—Diane Turner, Brunswick, Ohio
Recommended: 38 Low-Carb Snacks Your Family Will Love
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°. Drain pineapple, reserving 1-2 tablespoons syrup.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until blended. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt. Add to cream cheese mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition. Fold in pineapple.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, butter and enough reserved pineapple syrup to reach a drizzling consistency. Drizzle over warm muffins. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as John's Pineapple-Cream Cheese Muffins in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014