When I got married, my mother-in-law gave me her recipe for pineapple muffins so I could make them for my husband, John. They’re his favorites—and now they’re mine, too!—Diane Turner, Brunswick, Ohio
Recommended: 38 Low-Carb Snacks Your Family Will Love
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°. Drain pineapple, reserving 1-2 tablespoons syrup.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until blended. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt. Add to cream cheese mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition. Fold in pineapple.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, butter and enough reserved pineapple syrup to reach a drizzling consistency. Drizzle over warm muffins. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as John's Pineapple-Cream Cheese Muffins in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Reviews forJohn's Pineapple-Cream Cheese Muffins
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 13, 2018
"This muffin is very moist and flavorful. I did not frost them to save on calories.If you like pineapple, this muffin is for you!"