Joe’s Ice Cream Dessert
I've been helping my mom in the kitchen since I was about 4 years old. But as a busy teen, I don't get to cook all that often. When I do, this is one of my favorite treat to fix. It's fun to make and great to eat.—Joe McRoberts, Warren, Rhode Island
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 pound chocolate cream-filled sandwich cookies, crushed, divided
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 4 chocolate toffee candy bars (1.4 ounces each), crushed, divided
- 1/2 gallon chocolate ice cream, softened
- Combine butter and half of the cookie crumbs; press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Carefully spread vanilla ice cream over crust. Combine half of the crushed candy bars and remaining cookie crumbs; sprinkle over vanilla ice cream. Carefully spread the chocolate ice cream over top. Sprinkle with the remaining crushed candy bars. Cover and freeze until firm, 6 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 451 calories, 24g fat (12g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 329mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Joe's Ice Cream Dessert in Taste of Home June/July 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.