Jingle Bell Spread
No need to ring this "dinner bell" to summon your guests—the sight of it's enough to make folks come running! The creamy spread from Karen Balistrieri of Oconomowoc, Wisconsin gets a festive look from red pepper, pimientos and parsley on top. If you like, you can mold the mix into a Christmas tree, star, candy cane or any other appealing shape.—Karen Balistrieri, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- Sweet red pepper strips, optional
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, bacon and onions.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a serving platter in the shape of a bell; carefully spread with an icing knife to fill in the bell. Sprinkle with parsley and pimientos. Add red pepper strips across bell If desired. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 88 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 117mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Jingle Bell Spread in Crafting Traditions July/August 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.